HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Application and Relevance:
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Option (1) 4 hours classroom training and assessment (with online pre-work);
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
Applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- respiratory distress, including asthma
Participants must be 14 years or older. There are NO pre-requisites for this course however it is recommended that participants have sufficient literacy, language and numeracy skills to successfully complete the course and the capacity to perform CPR on the floor.
All Ages First Aid Training delivers this Nationally Recognised Training in partnership with ALLENS TRAINING RTO #90909 and a Statement of Attainment is issued to all successful participants.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation is a Nationally Accredited Certification.
Option (1) Total: $100
All Ages First Aid Training delivers all Nationally Recognised Training in Partnership with ALLENS TRAINING RTO #90909